ECONOMIC STIMULUS - HOW IT WORKS
Sometime this year, we taxpayers may again receive an Economic
Stimulus payment. This is a very exciting new program. I will
explain it using the Q and A format:
Q. What is an Economic Stimulus payment?
A. It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers.
Q. Where will the government get this money?
A. From taxpayers.
Q. So the government is giving me back my own money?
A. Only a smidgen.
Q. What is the purpose of this payment?
A. The plan is that you will use the money to purchase
a high-definition TV set, thus stimulating the economy.
Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of China ?
A. Shut up.
Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the US economy
by spending your stimulus check wisely:
• If you spend the stimulus money at Wal-Mart, the
money will go to China .
• If you spend it on gasoline, your money will go to
• If you purchase a computer, it will go to India .
• If you purchase fruit and vegetables, it will go toMexico, Honduras and Guatemala .
• If you buy a car, it will go to Japan .
• If you purchase useless stuff, it will go to Taiwan.
• If you pay your credit cards off, or buy stock, it
will go to management bonuses and they will hide it offshore.
Instead, keep the money in America by:
1 spending it at yard sales, or
2 going to ball games, or
3 spending it on prostitutes, or
4 beer or
(These are the only American businesses still operating in the US .)
I'm going to go to a ball game with a tattooed prostitute that I
met at a yard sale and we're going to drink beer all day!